Waiting on Wednesday 6 - Dreams of Gods and Monsters



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where bloggers pick a book that hasn't been published yet that they are excited to read.

My pick this week is a book I've already blogged about, but I'm so excited for it I'll do it again :)
Dreams of Gods and Monsters, the final book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy.



Title: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Author: Laini Taylor
Genre: Fantasy, YA
Publishing date: April 29, 2014

Goodreads summary:

Dreams starts where Days left off, with Karou and Akiva discovering each other alive — although Karou is still not ready to forgive Akiva for killing the only family she’s ever known. And now, through an act of staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance.

 When Jael’s brutal angel army trespasses into the human world, Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people. And, perhaps, for themselves – maybe even toward love. But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera, and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.

Why I want to read it:

Laini Taylor is one of my favorite authors, because her writing style is SO GORGEOUS and she always writes lovely stories that are both epic in scale and yet incredibly focused. I love the dark undertones that color this series, since it's about more than a love story - it's about war and retribution, genocide and forgiveness. For all its incredible insights into the good and ugly sides of people, this series is also funny and heart-warming. I know it doesn't seem possible, but I promise you it is.

I am so excited to read this book. "Excited" doesn't even begin to cover it!

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readJuly 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

    Nice! Seeing this one a bit today! Hope you enjoy it once you get it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade InkScratchersJuly 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

    Eeep, I haven't even read Days of Blood and Starlight yet! I know I really WANT to, but just haven't been able to get round to it yet! Great pick!!

    New follower :)

    Check out my picks here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I still need to try the series, hopefully I'll catch up before this one is out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up