Top Ten Tuesday 21 - unique books




Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme: Top Ten Most Unique Books I've Read

6363322

Ash by Malinda Lo - A really unique and sweet retelling of Cinderella.
8843789

Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson - I don't want to say too much for fear of spoilers, but this book takes quite a few unexpected directions from where it starts out.
13638125 

Vicious by V.E. Schwab -  So you think you know your superheroes from your supervillains? Think again...
 14497

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman -  Gaiman is a genius. That is all.
15819028

The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker - Gorgeously written historical fantasy, with mythology from not one but two different cultures!
1931915

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman - Another gorgeously written book. It's at times thoughtful, disturbing, hopeful, and above all beautiful.
8621462

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - This book seems like a children's book at first, but it is so much more than that. There is truth in stories...
11235712

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Cyborg Cinderella. Doesn't get much more original than that!
 12476820

Partials by Dan Wells - A YA dystopian novel that's actually very scientific! A very unique cast of characters as well.
6319969

Unwind by Neal Shusterman - The premise of this world is so sinister and very few books have managed to leave me as chilled as this one
blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM

    OOh nice! Lots of these are new to me! Know of Cinder and Dan Wells' book though!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT
    day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I visit your blog I'm struck by how pretty is it! :)

    But back to the books... I love Neverwhere. Such a brilliant book. I haven't read most of the others on this list, but I've heard good things about a lot of them. Ash is meant to be a lesbian retelling of Cinderella right? I'm excited about that one, as well as The Golem & The Jinni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle {Book Hangovers}April 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

    I knew it! I knew I'd see your list and absolutely love it and agree with it! (well with the one's I've read)

    Neverwhere is my favorite Gaiman books!! Love Cinder and OMG, A Monster Calls, totally will make any one cry! And I've been dying to read V.E. Schwab's Vicious for a while now! Uuuugggghhhh! Girl, I could go on and on LOL!

    Great LIST. Love your taste!

    Check out my Top Ten

    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those books are excellent! I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thank you! It took a bunch of DIY blog redesigns and it's only looked like this for a month or so :)

    Neverwhere is my favorite Gaiman novel! Yes, Ash is a lesbian retelling, which I didn't know when I started reading haha
    The Golem and the Jinni was one of the best books I read last year. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That means you too have excellent taste!
    Neverwhere is my favorite Gaiman novel as well! I mean, I only put books I really liked on this list, so of course I'd recommend that you read all of these haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reviews from a BookwormApril 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM

    Great list :) The only one I have read is Partials, and it definitely was unique but I just didn't enjoy it very much. I have quite a few of the others on my TBR list - excited to get to A Monster Calls and Cinder. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Vicious! It blew me away and was like nothing I've ever read before. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Bruiser looks really good. I must look that up. I've got Unwind and A Monster Calls to read so I'm excited to get to them! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up