S&S Bingo Challenge: Update 1



The first month of my year-long bingo challenge is over! I feel like it flew by, but it turns out I read a couple of books that fit my card without even trying :D

If you want to join in the Bingo challenge at any time, you can find the original card and instructions here. You can fill out one line to make a bingo, or try and fill out the whole card. This is mainly geared towards Science fiction and Fantasy, but you can use whatever genre you want!

Here's my progress so far:


1. 2nd book in a series: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas *****

 I'm glad I stuck with this series because I LOVED THIS BOOK. Full review here!



2. POC main character: The Many Lives of Ruby Iyer by Laxmi Hariharan ***

The author of this book requested that I review it, and it sounded really cool: a pseudo-dystopian society based on the city of Bombay. The main character, Ruby, and in fact all of the characters are Indian or of mixed origin. Look out for my full review of this soon!

3. New-to-Me Author: The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon ***

I had heard a lot of mixed reviews about The Bone Season. It seems like people either really love it or really don't. I somehow managed to fall in the middle. Here's my review of its sequel, The Mime Order, which is more my thoughts on the series as a whole so far than just book 2.

Books I have planned for February:


Borrowed from a friend: Before They are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie
  • I borrowed this way back in November and I still haven't gotten to it. Whoops...
Urban Fantasy: Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop
  • Thank you Edelweiss for the eARC!
Written before 2000: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • I'm going waaaaaay before 2000 since I bought volume one last year and I never got around to it. A friend gave me the second volume for my birthday this month, so now I have no excuses!

Are you working on your own S&S bingo card? Link me in the comments!


blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I updated my progress on the S&S Bingo card in my "Monday's Minutes" post: http://thereadingwench.com/2015/02/02/mondays-minutes-5/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I'll take a look :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up