S&S Bingo Challenge: Update 2



February just vanished in a flash. I didn't get much reading done this month because midterms ramped up, but I'm hoping March will be better.

If you want to join in the Bingo challenge at any time, you can find the original card and instructions here. You can fill out one line to make a bingo, or try and fill out the whole card. This is mainly geared towards Science fiction and Fantasy, but you can use whatever genre you want!

Here's my progress so far:


1. borrowed from a friend: Before They Were Hanged by Joe Abercrombie

I borrowed this back in November, and I finally got around to reading it! I didn't like it quite as much as book 1; I think the novelty of the flawed characters and the dark humor wore off because in this book I wasn't laughing nearly as much.

2. Published in 2015: Firefight by Brandon Sanderson


I really enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to Calamity, but there was a little something that was missing. I judge my Sanderson books by an insanely high standard, so obviously this book is freaking fantastic even though I wasn't 100% happy with it. One of my friends put it this way: "Nothing surprised me." I'm used to Sanderson books blowing my mind and going in directions I didn't even know were possible, and while some things were cool and unexpected, nothing was quite at that level of awesomeness.

3. Short Story/novella: Black Box by Jennifer Egan


This short story is AMAZING. Sci-fi spy thriller. Sold. At first I was really confused, but after a couple of "paragraphs" I got the hang of it and I couldn't stop reading. Even though it's written in a very detached, robotic way (you'll see why once you start reading, but as a teaser, this story was originally published as a series of tweets!), I was on the edge of my seat and my heart was in my throat for most of it. You can read it here!

4. Urban Fantasy - Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop


This is my favorite book of the series so far! Things were dark and strange without feeling contrived, and there were still plenty of light-hearted and lovable moments too. I just love all of the characters and with each book I love them even more!


Books I have planned for March:

I'm still working on Sherlock Holmes, so I'll probably finish that in March (published before 2000). I'm also planning on reading True Calling (dystopia), Lock In (humorous SF/F), and an audiobook of some sort that I haven't decided on yet.

Are you working on your own S&S bingo card? Link me in the comments!


blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Oh, I've been out of the loop for a while, so I missed this! This is such a fun bingo card! I might just have to jump in if I can!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up