Top Ten Tuesday 48 - Bookish problems



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Book-related problems I have

This week's theme is so much fun! Warning: lots and lots of GIFs to come!

1. Staying up too late reading a good book
I tried everything to get to sleep last night...#bookquotes - https://scatterbooker.wordpress.com/
2. Deciding that finding out what happens next to Celaena and Rowan is more important than studying for that Fourier analysis midterm...

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

3. That moment when you can't function because your favorite character just died

GRRM you're killing me.

4. Trying to explain things to your non-reader friends in terms of book references

"And then she freaking pulls a Kelsier and I was dying...wait what do you mean you don't understand??"

5. Making strange expressions while you're reading a book in public and then getting asked if you're okay...


6. Getting really angry when people talk to you when you're finally at the good part of the book

I. SAID. STOP. TALKING.

7. Forgetting the title of that amazing book you read years ago

8. Dying inside when you finish a book in a series and the next one isn't out yet

I literally can't wait that long.

8. Not knowing how to pronounce names until the movie/TV show comes out


So... Catelyn isn't pronounced like Kaitlyn?

9. Your exercise for the day is weightlifting hardcovers
Image result for hardcover book heavy carrying
10. Your dating prospects have been forever ruined by your fictional crushes



blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. My biggest problem is when people won't stop talking to me while I am reading on break. Just...stop. Reading here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I hate it when my favorite book character dies. Sometimes, I just sit in silence while I mourn the loss because they meant so much to me! It's tragic, really. I hate waiting for sequels too! I just want all the books now. I'm starting to think I should just wait for a whole series to be released before I read them.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was THE BEST TTT ever!! I share all of your bookish problems and I adored the gifs you picked (and might have stolen a few of them *ahem* Ten *cough* Sherlock) And of course, I still love that ''pulling a Kelsier'' reference and oh the pain when people don't get it. Seriously though, I can't pick one of these that I relate to the most because they are all too true XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh yes! I hate it when I'm right in the middle of reading an intense scene and someone interupts me to ask 'so, what are you reading?' and then 'is it good?" and then maybe 'do you want to get like coffee or something?' STOP TALKING! I also made the terrible mistake of reading both the ending of The Book Thief and We Were Liars in public and I was asked if I was okay because there was a constant stream of tears going down my face! Great list!


    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pulled a #5 today by laughing in the middle of a deathly quiet waiting room while reading Written in Red by Anne Bishop. It's like, I'd try to explain to you all how funny this scene is, but I have a feeling you won't be amused if I start talking werewolves and shifters. Also, #8 is a frequent problem with fantasy readers, but luckily I mostly talk books online in GR groups so no one can correct me. ;)
    All of these I can relate to- excellent TTT post!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Honestly, no matter how much I love the person who's interrupting me, I'll snap at them if they keep talking when I'm trying to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha yes! My family still doesn't get it either...they get so annoyed when I tell them to wait until I finish the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have literally just sat on my bed with tears streaming down my face because I was so devastated about a character dying. I'm always paranoid that my roommate will walk in and think I'm nuts for crying over fictional people haha
    I am so impatient - there's no way I could wait for a whole series to be out before I started it. One of my friends was going to wait for all the Stormlight Archive books to come out and I was like have fun reading them in 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ten is the best. Of course you'd steal him ;)
    I'm glad you can relate to all of them! I had so much fun with this post and it makes me so happy that other people have the same "problems"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaaaaaaaah Book Thief makes me cry every single time! It's one of my favorites! I've had my roommate ask me if I was okay when I was reading a couple of books. Gotta learn to keep those facial muscles under control :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA yes Written in Red would require a lot of explaining!
    That's true, I didn't really think of confusing names as a genre-specific thing but that makes a lot of sense.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up