Top Ten Tuesday 50 - Recs if you like Pirates, Thieves, and Cons!



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Recommendations if you like pirates, thieves, and cons

We all have a soft spot for those roguish characters that sail the seas or swindle their way through life. Who doesn't love a good pirate story? Here are some childhood favorites and recent loves of mine that I'd recommend!


 865293

If you haven't read this yet, we can't be friends.

In all seriousness though, this is one of my favorite books and I have been pushing it on everyone I know. I highly recommend it!
 34534

We all know the story of the Pied piper. But what if the piper is just a con who's following the orders of a talking cat?

Yeah, you read that right. Terry Pratchett's brilliant satire of fairytales is one of my favorite books from my childhood.
 6574102

The Heist society series is about an entire family of cons, and it is so much fun! The characters are equal parts mysterious and eccentric, and I love reading about their (mis)ad ventures
 448873

This is a series I wish I enjoyed more, but a lot of people love it so I am recommending it on their behalf! Eugenides is a cocky thief who knows he's one of the best; one day his smooth talking gets him into a bigger job than he bargained for...
 45162

I don't want to give anything away about this book, but to pique your interest, absolutely nothing is what it seems in this Dickensian novel.
 17190009

The ultimate heist, not for money or glory, but for freedom from a tyrant who has ruled for a thousand years. This book is epic and heartbreaking and just fantastic!
 18404312

I adored this retelling of Peter Pan, told from Hook's point of view. The pirate is just as roguish as ever, with a soft spot hiding deep, deep down.

 353695

Another childhood favorite of mine. If you haven't read this, I don't know what you're doing with your life. It's such a classic and a great story.
 887877

Can't get enough of Jean and Locke? The gentleman bastards take on the seas in this sequel to Lies of Locke Lamora, complete with badass women pirates and sinister patrons and poison. Lots of poison.
 281912

I devoured the Redwall books as a child, and when I found out that Brian Jacques also wrote pirate books, I devoured those too! Ben and his dog, Ned, have the most fantastic adventures, and the people they meet are characters seem so real I wish I could meet in real life.

blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed Fingersmith! I should check out some more books on your list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica @ a GREAT readMarch 10, 2015 at 7:50 AM

    OOOh nice topic! And YAY Princess Bride!! Looooooooooove that one! Book & movie!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got three books on this list that I want to read so badly. (Lies of Locke Lamora, Heist Society and The Thief). If I could give you a couple suggestions, have you read either The Legend of Eli Monpress series by Rachel Aaron or The Riyria Revelations series by Michael J. Sullivan? They're both about thieves, the former doing it just to be the best thief ever (at least, in the first book, which is the only one I've read) and the latter is about a duo of professional thieves who wind up getting an assassination pinned on them (I LOVE this series). Both are fantasy and, if you've not read them, you might want to give them a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the topic you went with this week!! I ADORE Pirates, Thieves and Cons but out of ALL these, I've only read Mistborn *sobs* Admitedelly, I own The Lies of Locke Lamora but I haven't gotten to it yet. I've never read The Princess Bride (like seriously, WTF) but I want to and I ALSO want to read Alias Hook and The Amazing Maurice! I'll have to check out a few of the other ones you mention here too^^ Fantastic list!

    Here's my TTT this week

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed that one! I've never read anything quite like it. I hope you enjoy some of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess Bride is so great! I'm glad you love it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the suggestions! Riyria Revelations is on my radar already, but I haven't heard much about the Eli Monpress series. I'll have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHY HAVE YOU NOT READ LOCKE LAMORA YET. and Princess Bride?? Micheline, you have so much catching up to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingersmith is one of my favourite books ever. It is so deliciously devious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh deliciously devious is such a great way of putting it. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up