I'm still alive!




Hello readers,

I'm still alive! I realized that it had nearly been two months since I updated my blog...ooops.

This was me for the last month:

Image result for life is crazy gif

It's been a busy last few weeks, with everything from quitting my job, moving, having surgery, and getting ready to go to grad school! I am finally ready to get back into the swing of things, we'll see how well I keep up my blog now that things have calmed down :)

I have been reading a lot of books even though I haven't been updating the blog, and I have read so many amazing ones in the last week or two. I have also decided that this will be the summer of re-reads; I am making an effort to reread books that I loved when I was younger but have totally forgotten the details of, but I'm also rereading books I didn't like so much the first time around because I think things might have changed. After all, when I gave Name of the Wind a second chance, I liked it a lot more since I had a better idea of what to expect and I could appreciate the subtleties more the second time around. It seems to be the same case for Meghan Whalen Turner's Queen's Thief series so far; I thought it was pretty meh the first time (5 years ago...) but I am loving it upon reread! Plus I need to re-read Words of Radiance before Stormlight 3 comes out in November (CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH).

So that's where I'm at!

I will be updating with reviews and my progress on my reading challenge very soon. There might be a deluge of reviews because I think I have 15-20 to catch up on (send help. and cookies. and tea.)

Thanks for sticking around even when I'm flaky, much love to your lovely readers :)


blog signature photo 4bf1c374-231a-40b6-8756-317f9308721c_zpsf45cae08.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Insidious Side of the Golden Milk Latte

The Supremely Fabulous Fantasy Subgenre Flowchart

Way of Kings Readalong: Wrap-up